Cyber security solutions are technological tools and services that help protect organizations against cyber attacks, which can result in application downtime, theft of sensitive data, damage to reputation, compliance fines, and other adverse consequences.
In the modern security environment, with a wide variety of ever-changing threats, tools are an essential part of cybersecurity. We’ll review several broad categories of cyber security solutions:
- - Application security solutions—help test software applications for vulnerabilities during development and testing stages, and protect them against attacks when running in production.
- - Endpoint security—deployed on endpoint devices like servers and employee workstations, prevent threats like malware and unauthorized access and help detect and stop breaches as they happen.
- - Network security—monitor network traffic, identify potentially malicious traffic, and enable the organization to block, filter, or otherwise mitigate threats.
- - Internet of things (IoT) security—help gain visibility and apply security controls to the growing network of IoT devices, which are increasingly used for mission-critical applications and store sensitive data, yet are often unsecured by design.
- - Cloud security—help gain control over complex public, private, and hybrid cloud environments, by detecting security misconfigurations and vulnerabilities, and helping to remediate them.